Providing comments helps us improve the site and establishes a forum for readers. We have provided a policy on comments that we hope you will follow. Your submission of comments indicates acceptance of this policy. We encourage discussion on a wide variety of topics; please remember that comments posted represent the opinions and perspectives of the persons submitting them. We do not always endorse or agree with the ideas, views, or opinions voiced in these comments, but offer the forum as a means to discuss topics of interest to you, our readers.
1. This is a moderated forum. Salaam Times will monitor comments and reserves the right to remove, edit or alter content that it deems inappropriate.
2. Submitting comments for posting on Salaam Times constitutes acknowledgement of and agreement to the terms outlined in this comments policy.
3. All correspondence received by Salaam Times is considered intended for publication unless otherwise indicated in the initial message from the writer.
4. Comments are intended for people from Central Asia. Comments to the articles and features of Salaam Times are intended to elicit an exchange of opinion and open dialogue on topical subjects in a civilized and open manner for all readers to see.
5. Salaam Times reserves the right to edit all comments for content. Comments to articles and features of Salaam Times should be relevant to the topic.
6. Comments that are abusive, offensive or those that contain profanity or racist material etc. will not be posted. Name-calling, personal attacks, racist comments, calls to violence, threats, or the use of profanity by any commenter will not be posted.
7. Promotions for commercial entities or related commercial activity will not be posted.
8. Salaam Times has no obligation to monitor, edit, censor, or take responsibility for comments. It may or may not act upon a violation of its comment policy. Commenters should ensure that their comments are lawful and fall within the stated guidelines.
9. We will remove personal e-mail addresses from comments prior to posting.
Comments on Salaam Times are intended to elicit an exchange of opinion and open dialogue.
Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we have created a space where readers can exchange intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments ñ either by the same reader or different readers. We follow the same standards for taste as Salaam Times demonstrates.
A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks (on readers or writers), obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence and SHOUTING. Additionally we will follow links provided in comments to see if the linked web sites are held to the same standard as Salaam Times and moderate if necessary.
Generally, no. However Salaam Times reserves the right to edit all comments for content, clarity, relativity to topic, and length.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want Comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies, and we will moderate accordingly.
Submitting comments for posting on Salaam Times constitutes acknowledgement of and agreement to the terms outlined in this comments policy. This policy may be revised in part or in full at anytime without notice.